Before & After School Enrichment (BASE) Program
Your day doesn’t always end when the kids are done with the school day. That’s why the Y offers afterschool programs that serve thousands of children in Hillsborough County. YMCA Before & After School focuses on nurturing a child’s development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills. Kids will develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. The Before & After School program is available for children in grades K-5 (kindergartener must be at least 5 years old). All of our afterschool programs provide a range of activities, including:
- Academic enrichment and homework assistance
- Structured outdoor activities for physical activity
- Hands-on, engaging indoor activities
- Free healthy snacks
- Arts and crafts
- Don't wait, register today! To enroll, select School Site Locations or YMCA Locations to find the program right for your family.
- Please note: in order to provide the safest and best experience for your family, your child may begin attending program two (2) days AFTER the registration date, while space is available.
- HCPS employees must register for Before/After School programs online. Once you have completed online registration, complete the employee rate application and submit to email@example.com and member of the Tampa YMCA YES Center will adjust the initial and future payments based on your application. Please note: all information required including the employee rate application must be submitted before your child may start.
The YMCA participates in the School Readiness Program for our Before and After School Programs.
Parents must complete the following in order to register:
- Parent must have School Readiness certificate that shows provider name as YMCA Success Afterschool and school site name.
- Parent must register online.
- Parent must pay the $30 registration fee per child.
- Parent must email their School Readiness Certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent will receive an email once child is registered indicating weekly payment amount and the child’s start date.
Please note that parents are required to pay the difference between the approved reimbursement rate and the private pay rate.
School Site Locations
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at 26 elementary schools throughout Hillsborough County.
Due to unexpected demand for the program, some sites have been placed on a wait list as we deploy and train additional staff. Please register for the wait list and you will be notified when a space becomes available. Thank you for your understanding.
YMCA Before & After School Enrichment program is offered at: Bob Sierra Youth and Family Center, Camp Cristina, Northwest Y and South Tampa Y. Drop off and transportation options are now available!
August 16 update: The South Tampa Y is currently only registering participants for pick up from Chiaramonte Elementary. YMCA Camp Cristina is currently waitlist only for all schools.
The Tampa YMCA provides After School programming to residents in communities such as MiraBay in Apollo Beach.