Tracking Blood Pressure for a Healthy Heart
Regular blood pressure readings are important for heart health, especially for those who have elevated or high blood pressure. Preventing and reducing high blood pressure has proven to have a positive impact on an individual's overall health!
Keeping your heart in a healthy blood pressure range is important no matter your age. In the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program, participants work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for four months in one-on-one sessions and monthly seminars. The Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program was created to help the community:
- Reduce blood pressure
- Manage blood pressure accurately
- Recognize triggers that can elevate blood pressure
- Build healthier eating habits
What to Expect in the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
Monitoring blood pressure and adopting healthy habits, like exercising and eating fruits and vegetables, benefits overall heart health. Participants in the self-monitoring program learn how to lower their blood pressure, which can prevent strokes, heart failure and coronary heart disease.
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program participants are encouraged to:
- Self-measure their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two personalized consultations per month
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars and take healthy food home
How to Qualify and Sign Up
Take the next step in reaching a healthy blood pressure and participate in the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program!
Before signing up, all participants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be diagnosed with high blood pressure/hypertension
- Not have experienced a recent cardiac event
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias