Tracking Blood Pressure for a Healthy Heart
Regular blood pressure readings are important for heart health, especially for those who have elevated or high blood pressure. Preventing and reducing high blood pressure has proven to have a positive impact on an individual's overall health!
Keeping your heart in a healthy blood pressure range is important no matter your age. In the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program, participants work with trained Healthy Heart Ambassadors for four months in one-on-one sessions and monthly group seminars. The Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program was created to help individuals:
- Reduce blood pressure
- Manage blood pressure accurately
- Recognize triggers that can elevate blood pressure
- Build healthier eating habits
What to Expect in the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program
Participants will have accountability through one-on-one meetings with their ambassadors. They will discuss patterns they notice from taking their blood pressure at home, and discuss how their eating choices and activity affect their personal blood pressure results.
During the seminars, participants will learn suggested amounts of sodium intake for those with high blood pressure, and how to reduce sodium intake through grocery shopping and meal preparation. The seminar provides the opportunity to learn and share ideas with the group as they all work towards the same goal.
Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring program participants are encouraged to:
- Self-measure their blood pressure at least two times per month
- Attend two personalized consultations per month
- Attend monthly nutrition education seminars
How to Qualify and Sign Up
Take the next step in reaching a healthy blood pressure and participate in the Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program!
Before signing up, all participants must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be diagnosed with high blood pressure/hypertension
- Not have experienced a recent cardiac event
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias