Members Together Save 20% Forever
From February 1 - February 28, friends save big!
Here's how it works:
- Tampa Y members refer a friend to join the Tampa YMCA
- Both the new and existing member will receive 20% off monthly membership dues
- As long as both remain members, they will receive 20% off their monthly dues forever
Already a member?
Share this with a non-member friend, and let them know to tell us you sent them!
Referred by a member and ready to join?
YES! I want to join today and save 20% on my membership forever (and pay $0 Join Fee), too! As long as my friend stays a member with me, we want the continued discount. Complete the form below and a Tampa Y staff member will contact you soon to process your new membership with this exclusive discount!
- When will the discount be applied to my membership?
The 20% off promotional rate will take effect once all member eligibility requirements have been verified by the Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA Engagement and Solutions Center. This special rate cannot be combined with any other discounts.
- When will the referral discount go into effect for the referring member?
The referring member will receive the discount on their next membership draft date.
- What if someone who pays the full standard rate refers a new member that chooses an alternative discounted membership?
The referring member does not receive the 20% savings since the new member is not a full pay member.
- Do the pairings have to have memberships at the same location?
No, memberships can be at any Tampa Metropolitan YMCA center to qualify for the discount.
- Can Silver Sneakers refer new members?
No. Silver Sneakers members are welcome to refer members to the Y. However, for either member to receive the monthly discount, both memberships must be on a monthly bank or credit card draft.
- What if a member is already receiving a savings on their membership? Can the referral savings be applied to their current rate?
No. A member is only eligible for one savings per membership. The member can choose from the savings of which they are eligible. In the event the referring member is currently receiving a corporate discount, the corporate discount will be removed in order to accommodate the referral.
- If the standard rate of membership changes, how will this impact my monthly rate?
The member referral discount is based on the standard membership rates—20% off the standard rate. If the standard rate changes, the 20% referral discount will adjust according to the new standard rate.
- If a member refers multiple friends, do they receive additional savings for each who join?
No. Each member is eligible for one referral savings.
- Does a legacy member qualify for the savings?
Legacy members can refer new members and receive the discount; however, the new member must be full-pay and cannot have the Legacy Here membership type, that is considered a discounted rate.
- What if a staff member refers a new member?
Staff referrals are not eligible for the 20% savings.